As the use of internet and other digital technology increases so does the criminal use. Hence computer is being used in almost every type of fraud these days. Digital forensics or Computer forensics helps uncover and interpret electronic data. The objective of this process is to preserve any evidence in its most original form while performing a structured investigation by collecting, identifying and validating the digital information for the purpose of reconstructing the past events.
Forensic Technology greatly helps investigators to substantiate allegations of financial fraud, bribery, embezzlement, and propriety Information thefts etc. Considering the potential of significant losses we assist clients in identifying, preserving, analysing and presenting digital evidence that is admissible in the court of law.
Digital Forensic Examination
Our highly specialised Forensic Investigators typically follows the US Department of Defense (DoD) standard set of procedures to make a digital copy of the media and use a variety sophisticated of evidence collection and analysis tools and techniques to examine the evidence. In line with DoD guidelines, the following process is strictly followed
– Assessment of digital evidence thoroughly to establish the scope of the case and also to determine the course of action for the acquisition and the examination process.
– Acquisition of the original evidence is performed in a manner that protects and preserves the integrity of the evidence.
– During the examination process, digital evidence extraction and analysis is undertaken
– The recovered data is processed in a logical and useful format. Every actions and observation are documented during the processing of forensic evidence.
– A detailed report of the findings is submitted to the client